Start a new topic

Accurate Measurwments in the Model

I'm having some trouble with the measurement of my model.  I've tried calibrating the model with a true to life measurement - but then when I measure other items the measurements are incorrect to real life.   What am I doing wrong?  is there somewhere specific on the model that is best to take the measurements?

Thanks

1 Comment

Hi, Greg. 

Thanks for writing in. Cupix recreates your photos into a 3D rendered model using photogrammetry, not 3D scanning. Therefore, the accuracy of the dimension is relatively less accurate compared to 3D models made with 3D scanners. However, this can be adjusted by manual calibration, hence improving the overall measurements in 3D tours. You can adjust scale manually adjusted in the editor. The following is an instruction to explain how to calibrate in our editor app. Also, you can refer to this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe0Yxt6k164

① First, measure anywhere inside the 3D tour. Click the ruler icon labeled measure a dimension. Click one end and the other end on the view monitor.
    ②Next, calibrate the dimension. Right-click the dimension and choose Calibrate. Type in the actual dimension and click OK.

For your information regarding the accuracy of the measurement, we have a plus-or-minus-3-percent margin of error. 

Best Regards,

Cupix Support

Login or Signup to post a comment