Cupix Support Center

Does it work well with Go-Pro Fusion?

Implemented

Realtor new to 360 and getting ready to purchase a 360 camera.  I want to purchase the Go-Pro Fusion and would like to experiment with Cupix but I'm not finding anything that links to two together in terms of reviews, responses, etc.

• Yes, as we have tested, Go-Pro Fusion works fine with Cupix. 

And it has the best image quality below $1K price range. 

But if you are not familiar with tech, I am a bit worried about its buggy stitching software. 

Currently, we recommend Ricoh Theta V with HDR mode for better quality photos. 

But if you prefer the quality of images, Go-Pro Fusion might work.  

• Mi Sphere is a great option.  I have the Go Pro Fusion but I hear Mi Sphere can do bracketing/HDR.  but need to confirm.  

• Thank you both for your responses.  I went with the Fusion after see some tours with it.  I know there will be a learning curve but hopefully I can master it.  Quality was the major factor.

• Hi, Jay.

The Bracketing mode is possible in the Mi Sphere, but not the HDR setting. The HDR option is available in the Ricoh Theta S&V.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Cupix Support

• I am actually looking at either the Mi Sphere or the Ricoh Theta V. Mi Sphere has 24 MP, while Ricoh Theta only has 14MP. Is the image quality with HDR on Ricoh Theta V much better than the Mi Sphere? Is it worth such a drop in MPs, which potentially loses detail?

I have two more questions:

Also from what I saw online HDR takes multiple photos at ones, does that take longer? 

Also, which of the two cameras have less post production work before uploading them to Cupix?

Thank you.

• Hi, Mikhail.

First of all, thanks for your great interest in our service. It depends on your personal preference, but we think the HDR mode on Ricoh Theta V  is better than the higher megapixel. There wasn't a significant difference in the image quality and detail when we tested both cameras. However, considering the efficiency of workflow to create a 3D tour using our service, the Ricoh Theta V is absolutely more convenient than the Mi sphere. The Ricoh Theta V has an embed stitching software which allows you to directly upload to our server without stitching every single image after shooting. The Mi Sphere requires you one more step, stitching a dual fish-eye image to an equirectangular 360º panoramic photo. 

For the second question, averagely it takes 5 seconds to capture a scene with the HDR mode while the normal mode takes 3 seconds. For your information, the Mi Sphere also takes about 2 seconds, but you need to stitch the images after shooting as we aforementioned. 

Again, the decision is up to you. You also need to take the price of the device and other things into your account, so we can't firmly say that you should buy a certain device. Take your time to consider all the situation and find a suitable camera for you. We can give you more information if you needed.

Best Regards,

Cupix Support

• Hi all, I purchased the Go-Pro Fusion. Followed a lot of the videos I saw online for taking pictures. I went to upload them to Cupix, and it says that photos are not in 2:1 ratio, I do not see this setting in the Go-Pro anywhere. Can I re-format the photos I already took, or do I need to re-shoot them? PLEASE HELP

• How does the RYLO 360 camera work with Cupix? Is it compatible and what do you think of the quality of the VR tours using this camera? Thanks. 

• There are dozens of off-the-shelf consumer grade 360 cameras in the market, and we would say that technically they are all compatible with Cupix software. That being said, the RYLO 360 camera, of course, is compatible with our app as long as long as the images are in the correct format; JPG image of stitched 360º photos or videos with a width: height ratio of 2:1.

However, a few of them perform better than others according to our experiments, and our top choices are Ricoh ThetaV, Mi Sphere 360, MADV,  Ricoh Theta S/SC, Insta360, Yi 360 camera, and GoPro Fusion at the time of writing. Note that some cameras such as Samsung Gear 360 have the amount of distortion introduced in the course of stitching images from multi-lens sensors, followed by the noise level of images. Please choose the best camera for your project considering your budget and purpose. Also, We've attached a comparison table with a 3D sample tour  that you can compare each camera side by side.

Regards,

Cupix Support

• Hi all, I purchased the Go-Pro Fusion. Followed a lot of the videos I saw online for taking pictures. I went to upload them to Cupix, and it says that photos are not in 2:1 ratio, I do not see this setting in the Go-Pro anywhere. Can I re-format the photos I already took, or do I need to re-shoot them? PLEASE HELP

This is my exact problem as well. Could you provide a step by step instruction for using a GoPro fusion and a PC. Thank you very much.

• I am switching from 6 years of Matterport PRO to Cupix. However, I want to use my SONY A7R4 mirrorless for the tour. Will that increase my monthly plan requirements, and do you have any reference video available for using a DSLR/Mirrorless. 

Login to post a comment