Support Center

Is there anyway to delete a photo that was uploaded?

Implemented

I just did my first 3D tour and it was all in one room. For some reason it made it into it's own sub-section called Section 1-1. When I preview it, it plays the one picture rather than the 8 3D tour pictures in Section 1. I'm not seeing anyway to just delete this one photo that seems to be causing the problem. Do I need to re-upload and create a whole new tour?

Thanks

• Hello, John.

Thanks for writing in. Sometimes photos you upload in the same section may not automatically align and are split from their original section like section 1-1, 1-2, and more. There could be various reasons for this separation, and as for your case, it seems like the repeated pattern on the floor caused an error in alignment. We've checked your tour, and one of the section which consists of 8 stations has a misplaced station.

We recommend two methods to fix the section separation. 

1. Take more photos and create a 3D again. Take photos every single step to prevent the distortion caused by the repeated pattern of the floor. 
               Here's a quick tutorial you can look through.  TUTORIAL: How to take photos for Cupix 

2. However, because of the pattern of the floor as I aforementioned, we can't guarantee the all the photos will be aligned into a section even though you cover the scene with more photos. 
               So the other recommend way is to manually merge the separated sections. You can refer to the video on our YouTube Channel; How to merge sections

Also, we've attached a screencast of your tour to give you a clear understanding of how you need to do.

Best Regards,
    Cupix Support

• You never answered the original question, "Is there anyway to delete a photo that was uploaded?" I would like to remove some images from my virtual tour as they are redundant or not needed. ( I do love the software just a couple things that are not intuitive or are missing)

• After messing around with the software there doesn't seem to be a delete only a hide photo that simulates more or less the same effect of removing that image from your final virtual tour.

• Hi, Diego.

Sorry for the late reply. As you already figured out, you are not able to delete the uploaded photos. The only thing you can do is to hide the photos. To explain the reason that you can't delete the photos, the server uses all the images you uploaded to create a 3D model which is laid under the 3D tour you are viewing. If you delete an image, the 3D data it has will be missing. Therefore, you can't play the 3D tour seamlessly. By hiding photos instead of deleting, your 3D tour is properly played while the image you don't want to show will be removed from the web player. 

Best Regards,

Cupix Support

• We want to delete them if we go over the size limitation. Hiding them won't cut down on the magabites of all images I assume?

So if we load all our images, go over the allotted file max with the free or paid plans, the only thing to do is delete everything and start over uploading less images? That's a pain.

•  I would also like some clarification on what Don has said. The G's that we have been given will max out if we are unable to delete photos. Also, will hiding pictures remove itself from the connection to the rest of the map? It seems that when I have tried hiding pictures that original photo that starts the tour is still connected to it and hides also. This does seem like a headache, would you recommend starting over on a project if the amount to be deleted is "many photos".

• I am wondering the same thing. I feel a bit mislead going into this. I have 3 tours on my 'Small' plan and I'm maxed on my file size already. I have 2 more to upload for my client.
    When I signed up, I thought I had up to 3GB for each project with unlimited new 3D tours that I can add each month. I also didn't shoot the first 3 projects thinking as much about file size and took  many photos to help the software stitch everything together, which I ended up 'hiding' most of them but even when hidden still count against the file size. I also only charged my client $125/yr to cover the monthly cost because I was assuming I would do more VR work for other clients and charge them $125/yr. 
    So yes to some extent this is my fault for not reading the words Cupix has chosen to advertise their plans with a bit more carefully but it leaves me with a couple issues... Should I abandon Cupix and try another platform that isn't trying to nickel and dime me for every step I take trying to make a couple bucks myself. OR should I eat $125/yr and tell my client to remove the first 3 VR tours we've completed from their website because I need to reupload their tour into Cupix using the least amount of photos possible so I can get all 5 of their tours into 3GB of space. (We don't need the 3D model) I understand and appreciate the softwares ability to merge all the photos together by taking 3 photos in and our of every doorway but all those photos add up and when you don't use them in your final tour it just doesn't seem right...

Login to post a comment