Cupix Support Center
Implemented
Hello,

When viewing in a browser (Chrome) on a mobile device, especially in VR mode, the address bar takes a up a large portion of the screen. Is an option to switch to full screen being planned or added? Please let me know. Thank you!

Best regards,
-jason

• Hi Jason Fuller,

Thanks for submitting this request. It is something our developers are aware of and we'll make another ticket on the topic.

You might want to try full screen browsers such as this one which works well and forces the browser to occupy the entire screen.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xyz.fullscreenbrowser&hl=en

Thanks,

• Is there currently a way to run the tour in a Samsung Gear VR? I am having a little difficulty running on that platform.

Thanks 

Rob

• Hi, Rob.

Thanks for writing in. We're sorry, but the full-screen mode is still not available. There are two methods to view your tour on full-screen.

As mentioned in the earlier reply, you can use the full-screen browsers using an app, or you can add the player as a shortcut to your home screen. 

Here's how you view the tour via shortcut. (Please take a look at the screen capture attached for your reference)

1. Press the Menu button (either below the screen on some devices or at the top-right corner of the browser)   

2. Tap Add to Home Screen.

3. Open the tour via shortcut. 

Best Regards,

Cupix Support

• I may have misposted in the wrong thread. My concern is more about getting the tours to play in VR headgear.

The option you gave works great for viewing in something like google cardboard where you can cue the tour up on a phone and then manually insert it into the headgear to view.

What I am wondering is how to run the tour out of the Samsung Gear VR launchpad. In the past with other VR footage I have shot, I needed to download the files into my phone and then access them through the launchpad software. Since Cupix is cloud based though, this isn't possible.

I have tried emailing myself the link and then going into my email while in VR though the web browser that is part of the Samsung VR platform, and the way their VR browser works while engaged, the person is looking at the web on a screen in a 360 environment. What you get when engaging the VR mode on a cupix tour through that app is the VR split screen hovering on a screen in front of the person and that person isn't IN the actual tour and able to look around as if they were immersed in it..

Is there an app or something on the samsung VR platform that would allow me to do this? Or is there possibly another path to getting it to launch in a 360 view? I know Youtube for instance, has a 360 mode that it takes you directly into 360 when the footage has been shot in VR format and allows you to look around and puts you in the middle of the video. 

Like I said, the option you gave me works perfectly for google cardboard and I will certainly be using that, but is there an option to view using the Samsung Gear VR yet? It's a much more impressive experience for showing a client.

Thanks again, you guys are amazing!

Rob

• Hi, Rob.

Sorry for the late reply. To directly get to the point, there is no way to allow you to view the tour using the Samsung Gear VR at this moment. We focus more on the web view because head-mounted displays can create barriers to entry even though they can provide a more immersive environment to our users. We are aware of that some of our users have needs to show the tours using them, but we concluded to develop that function after HMDs become widely available. Also, we are a start-up, so we don't have enough resource to dive into it right now.

But again, we will be working on it eventually and hope you can be still a big fan of us until we announce the function you requested.

Best Regards

Cupix Support

• Not having HMD support or a plan to support it are a big hurdle to our using your service. We need to invest a lot of time to create the tours. Web use is currently more prevalent but HMD availability and usage is expected to increase significantly this year. We need to know what HMDs will be supported and a rough timeframe for availability before expanding beyond just testing with your service.

• Hi, Dean. 

Thank you for writing in. To give you a rough timeline for HMD support, it will be available at the end of this year or earlier. In the meantime, you can use Google cardboard or other mobile-compatible devices as a temporary alternative. We're very sorry for delivering this news and try our best to meet your demands.

Best Regards,

Cupix Supprt

• Thank your for the reply. Sorry, I don't understand how Google cardboard or another mobile-compatible device could be used temporarily. Do you mean "offline" creating a duplicate tour in some other application?

• Hi, Dean. 

Currently, the VR mode works only with a Google cardboard, so I meant you can use it while we are developing the HMD support.

It's nothing to do with the offline tour, and you must have access to the internet to view the tours at this moment.

Best Regards,

Cupix Support

• When viewing a tour on Google Cardboard I still see title bar even after adding link to Home Screen. Also I don't see any navigation arrows in mobile view. 

Thanks, 

Dave

Login to post a comment