Cupix Support Center
Planned

Wondering if this is going to support DNG in the near future. Insta360 Pro does a much better job capturing raw than jpg, meaning its worth shooting raw and converting to jpg, but it would save a step if we could just upload the raw files.

• Hello David Cameron,

First of all, thank you for trying out Cupix. And thank you for your question too. This way, we get to hear what people think about Cupix, thus, helping us to come up with a solution that suits their needs well. 

Now, regarding your question, unfortunately, we are not planning on supporting other than JPEG. However, that is just for now, since we think it is worth studying to find out what's best for the users, so this may change. We will let you know if there are any new updates in this regard in the near future. 

Thank you,

Cupix Support

• Would definitely love support for DNG and other formats.

• Photogrammetry processors definitely benefit from higher resolution images (i,e DNG). Along with correct overlap parameters, one can generate far denser 3-D Mesh constructions with a much higher facet count in the mesh. Smaller (more) facets produce higher dimensional accuracy when dimensioning "snapping" between a facet corners (3-D Mesh Nodes). I use an Insta360Pro as one of my AEC data capture technologies. It would be great if the Cupix online photogrammetry processors could handle DNG's (or other high resolution images) so that people like me (in the AEC sector ) can generate tours very high dimensional accuracy when measuring features on the surfaces of the walls, roof or floor. I'd be happy to limit the space size (tour size) to a relatively small area to limit the load on the Cupix processors. Say 10 meters Cube

• Hi, Antoine. 

Thanks for writing in. Some of our users have requested the DNG support, and we consider that request positively at this moment. We'll perform an internal test and check the result of the process first, then add that function soon in the future. It may take some time actually to apply to our app, and we will inform you when it's available. Again, we do appreciate your opinion, and we'll do our best to meet our users' demands. 

Best Regards,

Cupix Support

Login to post a comment